Total Lab Automation
Nexxis LAB will transform your lab into a completely modern facility
providing automation for all your small instruments such as balances and pH
meters, as well as all manual operations. Nexxis LAB provides a secure, error
free, environment to ensure SOPs (standard operating procedures) are carried out
correctly every time.
The Right Information all the Time
- Automate any RS232 or TCP/IP instrument that does not already have a
data system, e.g. balances, pH meters and hardness testers.
- Automate manual procedures and force users to follow established SOPs.
- Provide a chemical inventory control system.
- Use an ELN (electronic laboratory notebook) to collect data.
- Track, schedule and carry out instrument calibrations.
- Automate the completion of standard forms.
- Ensure training records are maintained and enforced.
- Convert any manual procedure into an automated process.
- Generate ?Certificate of Analysis? reports automatically.
- Assign tests to samples and track results.
- Interface directly to LIMS and other database systems.
- Provide electronic access to written SOPs from any computer.
- Automate using the latest technology including wireless systems, tablets
and hand held devices.
- Meet 21 CFR Part 11 compliance requirements
Nexxis LAB is a single solution that integrates instrument data collection,
manual operations and laboratory procedures. Nexxis LAB is a collection of
applications that runs on the Nexxis platform, providing you with a single
integrated solution that can solve many of your automation problems.
The benefits of using a single platform for your lab processes are enormous:
- lower training costs
- lower initial software costs
- lower software maintenance costs
- lower on-going internal IT support costs
- lower cost for integrating unrelated systems
Nexxis LAB provides you with a way to wrap many of your lab applications into
one system. It combines ELN, instrument data collection, manual procedures,
chemical inventory, instrument calibration, LIMS interfacing, training records,
sample tracking and customized procedures into one system.
By integrating all of the procedures that deal with manual operations and
small instruments into one system, you not only save significantly on the cost,
but you also benefit through improved automation not possible with separate
systems. In the same way that Microsoft® Office® makes it easy to transfer data
between Word® and Excel®, Nexxis LAB provides for similar advanced integration.
- The expiration date of reagents used in an analysis can be checked
against the chemical inventory database.
- Analytical procedures can check the calibration status of an instrument
with the instrument calibration database.
- SOPs and chemical MSDS (material safety data sheets) can be displayed
during a manual procedure.
- User training records can be checked before the analyst is allowed to
start a particular analysis.
Nexxis LAB is a specially priced software package that combines each of the
existing Application Methods with the general Nexxis platform. You are free to
use any of the applications, as well as create your own custom procedures. When
you buy Nexxis LAB you will get each of the following:
- Nexxis starter kit (includes the server, 10 connections and a library of
over 400 instruments)
- Nexxis BDS ? a collection of balance automation procedures
- Nexxis CAL ? instrument calibration program
- Nexxis CIM ? chemical inventory program
- Nexxis ST ? a sample tracking system for the scheduling and collection