You can now directly import your NASTRAN finite-element models and
output analysis results into Tecplot with the new ZONA NASTRAN Data
The ZONA NASTRAN Data Loader (ZNDAL) is a Tecplot add-on developed by
ZONA TEchnology, Inc. ZONA has extensive experience in the area of
aeroelasticity, aeroservoelasticity, unsteady aerodynamics and
structural dynamics. Since 1986, ZONA has been serving the aerospace
structural dynamics community through contractual work and software
Predator B NASTRAN structural model Courtesy of General Atomics Aeronautical Systems.
NASTRAN, the NASA Structural Analysis System, is a general
purpose finite-element analysis (FEA) program for use in
computer-aided engineering. NASTRAN is a standard in the
structural analysis field, providing engineers with a wide range
of modeling and analysis capabilities. NASTRAN applications
include almost every kind of structure and construction.
ZNDAL offers NASTRAN users many
- Quick NASTRAN Input and Results Loading
? quickly display models with large degrees of freedom.
- Intuitive Interface that is Easy to Learn
? learn to use the loader in only minutes.
- High Quality Images ? output or
Copy/Paste publication quality images into other Windows
- Excellent Presentations and Reports
Involving FEA ? utilize Tecplot?s powerful
visualization and output features for communicating results.
|Structural model of the tai lcone assembly for the
MK83 bomb (60,194 elements) Image courtesy of Leigh
As an input bulk data translator, ZNDAL can be used to view
models to ensure modeling accuracy before submitting a NASTRAN
job. When viewing basic output analysis results, use ZNDAL to
visualize structural displacements due to loads (static
analysis), structural free vibration solutions (dynamic
analyses), and stress contours plots (stress analyses).
ZNDAL features include:
- Different elements are loaded into separate zones in
unique colors for easy identification.
- Utilizes a general bulk data template definition file that
can easily be altered to process virtually any FEA bulk data
- Reads free formatted input.
- Accepts INCLUDE statements for insertion of external
- Allows for the display of external grid identification
- Accounts for GRID point coordinate transformations
including those specified via the GRDSET bulk data card.
- Displays both undeformed and deformed models from a static
- Allows for animation of free vibration solutions from a
- Displays stress contours from grid point stress output.
- Allows scaling of static or dynamic analysis deformations.
- Automatically accounts for the displacement coordinate