by Field Precision, Inc.
2D/3D Monte Carlo simulations of electron/photon/positron radiation transport in matter.
GamBet is an innovative approach to 2D/3D Monte Carlo simulations of radiation transport in matter. The unitized code suite handles the full range of electron/photon/positron interactions with high accuracy.
GamBet can be used as a stand-alone tool or as an extension to the Trak or
OmniTrak charged-particle-beam codes. Extensive applications include optimization of X-ray targets, electron-beam heating, radiographic imaging, positron physics, radiation therapy research and shielding design. The codes run on personal computers under Linux and all 32-bit versions of Windows.
The unique cabilities of GamBet offer several advantages compared to other available programs:
- Material volumes are defined by conformal meshes for high-accuracy representation of slanted or curved boundaries
- Sophisticated graphical pre- and post-processors for mesh generation and the analysis of dose and particle orbits
- Material interactions are handled by the state-of-the-art Penelope package
- Effects of 2D or 3D electric and/or magnetic field numerical solutions can be included
- Detailed instruction manuals and ready-to-run examples
- Optimized search routines for short run times
- Dose quantities are recorded on the conformal mesh so that each element acts as a subzone in the post-processing stage
- Accepts direct input of electron or positron beams from the Trak and
- Interactive analysis and plotting of input/output particle distributions
- Advanced variance-reduction techniques including interaction forcing and splitting/reduction of particles
- Particle escape files can be used as input for subsequent runs or ported to
Trak or OmniTrak
- Presentation quality 2D/3D plots with built-in hardcopy support for all installed Windows printers