by Field Precision, Inc.
Three-dimensional magnetostatics with high-permeability materials and permanent magnets.
Magnum is a complete tool for 3D finite-element magnetostatic calculations. The program achieves unprecendented accuracy and speed at a moderate price.
Magnum can perform three types of calculations: 1) free-space fields in unbounded volumes for given applied currents, 2) bounded fields in the presence of coils, permanent magents and linear-isotropic ferromagnetic materials and 3) pulsed fields in regions with ideal conductors. The package includes two additional programs:
CPrep (a preprocessor for definition of drive coils) and MagView (a postprocessor for 2D/3D plots and analyses).
Magnum has extensive applications to the design of magnets (with and without iron) and permanent magnet assemblies. (Available for Windows and Linux.
- Easy-to-understand instruction manual with walkthrough examples.
- Extensive array of 2D and 3D plotting options.
- Publication-quality hardcopy with support for all Windows print devices.
- Interactive point-and- click analysis of solutions.
- New solution techniques resolve microscopic details in large structures.
- Volume integrals of field energy to determine inductance.
- Interactive line scans and plots with digital oscilloscope features.
- Batch-mode operation for automated analyses.
- Advanced interpolation techniques with intelligent-point-selection for high-accuracy field calculations.