Reducing a company’s design and manufacturing overhead is key to staying on top in today’s competitive market. OERSTED, a 2D/RS time-harmonic eddy current field solver from Integrated Engineering Software delivers the power and performance needed to accomplish this goal. Using our innovative Boundary Element Method (BEM) technology, OERSTED distinguishes itself in magnetic design problems that require large open field analysis, exact modeling of boundaries and in applications where dealing with small skin depths are critical.
Design engineers depend on OERSTED for the design and analysis of electric/electronic equipment and components such as:
- non-destructive testing systems
- bus bars, charging fixtures
- induction heating coils
- magnetic recording heads
- magnetic shielding
- coils and transformers
- induction motors
Quick, productive...up and running in no time
OERSTED maximizes productivity by allowing for the simulation of virtual prototypes on the computer. OERSTED significantly reduces design and prototype costs and provides engineers far greater insight into design optimization and verification.
As easy as one, two, three
OERSTED provides fast accurate results, exact modeling of boundaries and easy analysis of open region problems. No Finite Element Mesh (FEM) is required. OERSTED delivers a powerful, easy-to-use design and analysis tool right to your desktop. OERSTED goes to work in just three easy steps.
- Create your design through our geometric modeler or import from your CAD program.
- Assign the physical attributes of the model.
- Analyze the model, display the results and optimize for performance.
Advanced technical features
- Intuitive and structured tool-bar interface maximizes productivity for experts or beginners
- Static (DC) and phasor (AC) analysis modes
- Simulation of non-linear materials
- Simulation of permanent magnet materials (DC mode)
- Simulation of lossy magnetic materials
- Calculation of displacement current
- Periodic and symmetry features minimize modeling and solution time
- Solution of current induced in conductors and skin effect current impressed in conductors
- Force, torque, flux linkage, induced voltage, power and impedance parameters
- Display forms for plotting scalar and vector field quantities include: graphs, contour plots, arrow plots, color maps and vector loci plots
- High quality graphics and text utility for preparation of reports and presentations
- Data exportable to formatted files for integration with spreadsheets and other software packages
- Batch function allows unattended solution of multiple files
- Powerful parametric feature allows definition of variable parameters to be stepped through allowing the analysis of multiple “what-if” scenarios and facilitating design optimization