NEiThermal Basic provides solutions for linear and nonlinear, steady-state and transient heat transfer processes including conduction, radiation, and free convection. The NEiThermal Basic package provides thermal simulation capabilities for engineering applications requiring transient and steady-state thermal analysis. It includes modeling of conduction, convection, radiation and phase change and it provides a range of thermal boundary conditions and solver controls.
- Thermal boundary conditions including temperatures, heat loads, fluxes, initial conditions and thermostats
- Thermal couplings to create thermal assemblies of disconnected FE models including couplings between surfaces, edges and points
- Conduction including isotropic and orthotropic properties, radial heat flow, phase change and time-, temperature-, and direction-dependent properties
- Radiation including the calculation of view factors with shadowing effects for diffuse surfaces, variable surface properties, axisymmetric radiation modeling, and multiple radiation enclosures
- Convection by specifying boundary conditions using tabular data or formulae
- Additional solver features including axisymmetric modeling, table dependent parameters, non-geometric modeling, and solution monitor