XLSTAT-MX is a must have complement for XLSTAT-Pro users who do sensory data
analysis, and who use Preference Mapping or other related techniques to
understand the customers' perceptions. MX stands for Marketing analytics. The
tools of the XLSTAT-MX module can be accessed from the XLSTAT menu of from the
Preference Mapping (Prefmap) allows to build maps which are useful in a
variety of domains. A preference map is a decision support tool in analyses
where a configuration of objects has been obtained from a first analysis (PCA,
MCA, MDS), and where a table with complementary data descripbing the objects is
available (attributes or preference data). In the market research and consumer
analytics domains (sensory data analysis), Prefmap is used to analyze products (the
objects) and to answer questions such as:
- How is our product positioned compared with the competitors' products?
- Which product is the closest to ours?
- Which type of consumer prefers my product?
- Why are the competitors' products positioned as such?
- How can I reposition my product so that it fits better my target group?
- What success can I expect from my product?
- Which new products should I encourage the R&D department to create?
Preference mapping provides a powerful approach to optimising product
acceptability. XLSTAT-MX offers several regression models to project
complementary data on the objects maps:
- Vector model,
- Circular ideal point model,
- Elliptical ideal point model,
- Quadratic ideal point model.
XLSTAT-MX displays detailed results in addition to the preference map to
facilitate the interpreting of results.
Use this method developed by the psychologist Charles E. Osgood to visually
compare how "judges" rated a "product" using a series of criteria.
Generalized Procrustean Analysis (GPA)
GPA is used in sensory data analysis before a Preference Mapping to reduce
the scale effects and to obtain a consensual configuration. It also allows to
compare the proximity between the terms that are used by different experts to
Minimum system configuration:
- Windows version: 95/98/Me/NT/2000/XP.
- Excel version: Excel 97 (SR-2), Excel 2000 (SR-1), Excel 2002 or Excel
- XLSTAT-Pro: 7.0 or later.
- Processor: 200 MHz or more.
- Free disk space: 20 Mb.
- RAM: 128 Mb.