Portable Interfacing for Your Weighing Applications
BalanceTalk CE is a portable solution that uses a Pocket PC to efficiently
and accurately capture readings from any balance or scale equipped with an RS232
port. Rather than dedicating a desktop PC to each balance, you can place an
RS232 cradle beside the instrument. To interface to the balance, simply slide
the Pocket PC into the cradle, select the test you want to perform and begin
collecting data. When all of the samples are analyzed, move on to the next
workstation and collect more data.
At convenient intervals, return the Pocket PC to a central PC and place the
Pocket PC in its? cradle. New files from the Pocket PC are instantly uploaded (synchronized)
with the desktop PC. If the PC has LIMS interfacing software, such as LimsLink,
data from the Pocket PC can be automatically synchronized directly to the LIMS.
- Microsoft® Pocket PC 2002 compatibility eliminates the need to dedicate
a PC to each balance
- Pre-configured to work with most balances
- Collect data directly from your balance into Pocket Excel ® or any other
Microsoft® Pocket PC 2002 application
- Includes Pocket Excel® spreadsheet templates that are formatted for many
common weighing applications such as sieving, moisture analysis, Total
Suspended Solids, etc.
- Transfer worklists or other sample information from a central PC
- Control cursor movement within applications
- Store multiple instrument setups for use at different workstations
- Support for multiple COM ports
- Sophisticated interface for setup and RS232 communications
The combination of Pocket PC technology with BalanceTalk CE software
provides a cost-effective solution that brings significant increases in
efficiency to any lab. Eliminating the need to have a desktop PC beside each
balance dramatically reduces the cost of interfacing each instrument.
The relative cost of interfacing the balance is now in line with the cost of
the instrument. Additionally the interfacing solution requires very little space
on the lab bench, further reducing the interfacing cost. The benefits of
increased efficiency, and decreased transcription errors are easily cost-justified.
BalanceTalk CE runs on the Microsoft® Pocket PC 2002 operating system and
has been fully tested using the IPAQ 3950 Pocket PC. Installation requires
approximately 1.5 MB of storage space, and the Pocket PC must have an RS232