BStat (Ver. 5.0) calculates magnetostatic fields in 2D planar and 3D cylindrical systems. Mesh regions with arbitrary shapes can represent coils and isotropic magnetic materials.
BStat handles saturation effects in non-linear magnetic materials such as soft iron. New materials can be defined with text tables of |B|-mu. The package includes
VBStat, an interactive graphical analysis utility. The program has extensive plotting capabilities including field line plots and three-dimensional plots of field magnitude and magnetic permeability. Analysis capabilities include automatic determination of field energy, forces and induced current for inductance calculations.
BStat has broad applications for the design of laboratory magnets, transformers, and electric motors. (Available for Linux and Windows.
Mesh 5.0 required.)
- Easy-to-understand instruction manual with walkthrough examples.
- Standard PCs handle large meshes (several million elements).
- Extensive plots include equipotential contours, three-dimensional potential plots, and color-coded element plots of field magnitude.
- Publication-quality hardcopy with support for all installed Windows print devices (including color printers).
- Library of materials and practical application examples on disk.
- Interactive point-and- click analysis of solutions.
- New solution techniques to resolve microscopic details in large structures.
- Formatted text output files make it easy to transfer information to user applications or to mathematical analysis programs.